Hi,

This isn't specifically pointed at anyone or Ars in particular. I am involved with a lot of science fiction and anime conventions, work with UNIX geeks, and I see this here as well. Being the owner of two small dogs, various cats, and father to a son, I try to be understanding that not everyone wants pets and children. I also understand that some people might not like them. But why is it "cool" to openly suggest violence on them?Here's what I mean. Suppose someone said, on Ars:There was a hysterical kid in the food court today. Screaming and wailing because his mother wouldn't buy him fries. If that were my kid, I think he'd deserve a good smack to keep him in line.Now suppose someone said:There was a hysterical woman in the food court today. Screaming and wailing because her boyfriend wouldn't buy him fries. If that were my girlfriend, I think she'd deserve a good smack to keep her in line.Which would generate more hate replies?I am not so much offended and curious why so much HATRED goes towards these three subjects. Here's my experiences: At one science fiction convention, a friend of mine had a Pomeranian, and her dog sitter backed out at the last minute. She had to rush home and bring her small dog back. His name was Bear, and he was a sweet, well-tempered dog who didn't have a mean bone in his body. I offered to help dogsit him while she was busy, and since the hotel allowed dogs, there was no problem. But the comments I received were... well, they stopped being funny.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic … p;t=315042
Custom explainer studio

Thanks!